Can´t acces chart from opened workbook (Java)

Hi,

I have problem with accesing chart from opened workbook.

I have template workbook with 1 sheet, on that sheet is 1 chart (Stacked Column Chart) as object.

I open it by open method with ResourceStream and FileFormatType.EXCEL2003 parameters.

In opened workbook there is sheet with name from template, but when i try to get chart from that sheet by wb.getWorksheets().getSheet(0).getCharts() i only get empty collection and getChart(0) throws IllegalArgumentException: Invalid chart index.

Please help me what i did wrong??

I also need copy this chart to another workbook - can i do this by Worksheet.copy()?

I found thread on forum and there is that it can be done from v3.5 of Cells for .NET, by no mention about java version.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, maipulating charts in the designer excel file is not currently supported as we are working on it and will support it soon.

And when you copy a sheet to other workbook, currently the drawing objects like charts are not copied. Aspose.Cells although preserve the charts when you load a template file and will save the file with it. So, you may try to open the template file (including charts) and Save As it (you may remove the unwanted worksheets for your need).

Thank you.