Can a field be changed at merging

Let's say that I have a template: basically it is a PDF file that already have some form fields created by the form.AddField() function. At run time, my little .NET service will open the template, read data records from the database, and create new PDF file based on the template with data from the records (merging)

I have two questions:

1. Can I change the form fields (font size, color, indent, alignment, etc...) at merging time without make any modification to the template? If I can, how? Can someone point me to a source sample.
2. The second question is the same as #1, but it is important so I have to make it a question of its own. Can I change the text box - basically the height of the text box - so that it will shrink or expand depending on the size of the data (number of lines).

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

As per my understanding, you need to update the form fields in existing PDF file. Please visit the following link for further information on

1. Decorate a Particular Form Field in an Existing PDF File
  2. Decorate All Fields of a Particular Type in an Existing PDF File
  1. The second question is the same as #1, but it is important so I have to make it a question of its own. Can I change the text box - basically the height of the text box - so that it will shrink or expand depending on the size of the data (number of lines).

In order set/update the field limit, please try using SetFieldLimit(…) method of FormEditor class.

[C#]

FormEditor formEditor = new FormEditor(“PdfForm.pdf”, “FormEditor_SetFieldLimit.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

formEditor.SetFieldLimit(“textField”, 15);