Can Aspose.Slides be used on Android platform?

We plan to develop an Android app for presentation and are looking for a Java library workable on Android platform which can be used to convert PoewrPoint slides to image files (e.g. JPG/PNG). Can Aspose.Slides be used for this purpose?

Hi Lillan,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slide may work in Android environment. For sake of assurance, I am setting up Android environment in my Windows 7 using ADT plugin in Eclipse. As per my initial understanding, it may work but I will share the further response with you once I have environment installed on my end. For reference, please visit this link.

Many Thanks,

Hi, have you got any findings?

Hi Lillan,

I like to share that our development team is investigating the issue and an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33275 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate the issue during Week 25 of 2012. We will share the further response with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team. I will really appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Lillan,

Our development team has investigated over compatibility of Aspose.Slides for Java in Android Operating System and I regret to share that presently the support is unavailable for Android Operating System. There is a lot of effort needed in providing support as it involve rewriting of many portions of Aspose.Slides for Java API. In future as soon as the support will be available, we will be delighted to share the information with you.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Do you have a planned date for this feature?

Thank you

Hi,

I like to share that we have launched Aspose.Slides for Android for Android platforms on our end. You can please download Aspose.Slides for Android from download section. For your convenience, we have also maintained the getting started samples in live documentation as well. Please feel free to use them and share with us if there is any further issue in this regard.

Many Thanks,