Can Aspose.Word print a range of pages

Hi,

Here is what I do, I want to know if I can do that with Aspose.Word:

I got a word document that has like 150 pages. Using Word automation, I open the word document, read some data off a database to merge it into the document. Depending of the data, I will print something like page 1 to 5, 10 to 20, 33, 35, 37, 100 to 150 to a PostScript file. With that post script and adobe acrobat distiller, I create a PDF.

I’m sure you can create a pdf out of a word document with aspose.word and aspose.pdf. My question is can you print only some pages from a document? If so, can I go like and use an argument like: 1-5, 10-20, 33, 35, 37
to the save/export so I can end up with the document I need to?

Thanks

Sorry, at the moment Aspose.Word has no idea where pages start and end in the document and it also cannot print.

But we plan to support all of this in the future, please check back in 3 months or so.

ok, then could I have the different part of my doc separated into different word document and merge them as needed?

so I could have a document that represent page 1 to 5 as it is in every final document. then I could have a document that represents page 10 to 20.

Could I create a document, merge the document that represents page 1 to 5, the merge the document that represents page 10 to 20 and put some data in that recently merged data?

so I could continue like that until my final doc is complete, then export it into pdf?

Aspose.Word has no idea where pages start and end in the document.

You can only break a word document on section boundaries, not on pages.

yeah, I understand that, but can it take 2 differents word document and merge them as 1 document?

so I could create final.doc from doc1-5.doc and doc10-20.doc ?

Yes, you can combine documents.

See Sections and Section classes. You can copy and move document sections between different documents.

Note that you should have a loop to run over all sections in the document in case your document contains more than one section.

There are examples how to copy and move sections in the forums and in the demo project as well.