Can I Disable Extended Features

I have removed buttons and flattened several Extended Feature documents. The documents are then combined into one document.

Is there a way to disable the Extended Features attribute so that the user does not get the message "This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document as been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document."?

Thanks,
Diane Asberry

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can preserve extended rights of a single file using Aspose.Pdf, but I am afraid currently these rights are being lost in concatenation process. We have already logged a ticket for the purpose, PDFNEWNET-35307. We have linked your thread to the ticked and will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Best Regards,

Hi Diane,

Thanks for contacting support.

Adding more to Tilal’s comments, do you need a feature to remove the extended Rights feature from PDF documents so that once these documents are combined, no error message is displayed when viewing resultant file. Or you need to combine the PDF files having Extended Rights feature enabled and same feature should persist in concatenated document.

PS, Tilal has reported an issue with a perspective that extended rights are lost when concatenating PDF files.

I need the ability to remove the extended Rights feature from the PDF documents so that once the documents are combined, no error message is displayed when viewing the resultant file.

Thanks,
Diane Asberry

dasberry:
I need the ability to remove the extended Rights feature from the PDF documents so that once the documents are combined, no error message is displayed when viewing the resultant file.
Hi Diane,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I am afraid Aspose.Pdf for .NET does not support the feature to remove Extended Rights feature from PDF file. For the sake of implementation, I have logged this requirement as PDFNEWNET-36908 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Really needing this feature for a highly visible project. Do you have an estimated time frame for the fix?

Thanks,
Diane

Hi Diane,

As we recently have logged this requirement and before the development team has analyzed this requirement, I am afraid it would be quite difficult to share the possible ETA. Nevertheless, as soon as we have made some definite progress towards its resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Any progress on the resolution of this issue?

My users are complaining about the annoying pop-up box.

Thanks,
Diane Asberry

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has been busy resolving
other priority issues and I am afraid the issue reported earlier is not yet
resolved. Nevertheless, I have requested the team to share the ETA regarding
its resolution. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding its
resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.
Please be patient and spare us little more time.<o:p></o:p>

We are really sorry for
this inconvenience.

Hi Diane,

The development team has further investigated the problem PDFNEWNET-36908 and as per our current estimates, we plan to get this problem resolved in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.5.0, which is planned to release in August-2014. Please note that its not a promise but we will try our level best to get the problem resolved by said time.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

That is awesome news! Eagerly looking forward to your August release.

Thanks for keeping me updated!

Diane Asberry

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your patience.

We are pleased to share that the feature requested earlier as PDFNEWNET-36908 is implemented and it will become available in next release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.5.0. In order to accomplish your requirement, you need to try using following code snippet.

[C#]

using (PdfFileSignature pdfSign = new PdfFileSignature())<o:p></o:p>

{

string inputFile = @"c:\36908.pdf";

string outputFile = @"c:\36908_output.pdf";

pdfSign.BindPdf(inputFile);

if (pdfSign.IsContainUsageRights())

{

pdfSign.RemoveUsageRights();

}

pdfSign.Document.Save(outputFile);

}

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36908;PDFNEWNET-36908) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

I appreciate the enhancement!

Thanks,
Diane Asberry

Hi Diane,

In order to use this feature, please follow the instructions specified over Remove Extended Rights feature from the PDF