Can I do this merge with Aspose.Words?

I have been very happy using Aspose.Words and no I am trying to duplicate a system that ran completlly in Excel using VS.Net C# and SQL server.

I need to be able to produce grade transcripts for from 1 to 4 semesters, wiith each semester having up to 6 classes.

I have attached a Word merge document that I have working with Aspose.Words to merge the non-transscript data for a student. I only had one grade to report so far, so I fudged it and just copied the data for that single course.

We use a SQL datasource to retrieve the “general” information for a student. I have another SQL datasource that retrieves the details for the grade trasnscripts for all students, sorted by the year and semester (term). See the attached spreadsheet transcript_data.xls.

I have attached a word mockup of what I would like the output to look like (from 1 to 4 semesters, 2 shown).

Can I do this with Aspose.Words regions? If so, how do I just get the detailed class and grade info for the student with the general data on the page?

If Aspose.Words won’t work for this, will Aspose.Cells work?

Thanks so much!

Hi

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. In the current version there is no “one step” way to populate a document with data that has parent-child relationships. For example Order/OrderItem or ProductCategory/Product. Mail merge regions can only process one data table at a time.

It is possible, however, to generate the above reports by performing mail merge several times and building up a resulting document from several documents or fragments. The Product Catalog and Sales Invoice samples in the demo project supplied with Aspose.Words demonstrate the suggested techniques.

If you need I can create code example for you.

Best regards.