Can I use apose.Email build a report server

Hello,

I am evaluating apose products to develop our report server.
I’m trying to find out if apose.email can be used to delivery reports to multiple endusers
I am plan to use apose.pdf , apose.cell etc to generate report, then use apose email to send out the report.
My question is:
1. Can apose.email send out scheduled report automatically? If I have different schedules for different users and different reports setups saved in database table, how does it constantly scan the table to make sure to send out emails on time?

2. Can apose.email load pre-generated files as attachments base on some parameters?

Hi Gracie,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Email API.

You can use Aspose.Email API to create a new message the same way as you do in publicly available email servers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. The API lets you add attachments to the message you have just created and send it out to user (s) programatically using the API’s SMTP client. Coming to your questions:

1. There is no such thing as scheduling of emails to be sent out automatically as the API provides you with features to create such functionality in your own application. You will have to develop your own logic to read the schedule and attachments information from database and then create a message for sending out to users with that information.

2. Yes, you can read the attachment files from your disc and add these as attachment to message for sending out. Details about this have been shared with you above.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in this regard.

PS: The API has evaluation limitations if you won’t use a license in your application. You can get a 30-day temporary license free of cost if you try to evaluate the API without any limitations.

Thanks for the replay.

There is a feature in apose email called: Complete Recurrence Pattern Solution:
<p style=“box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 30px; font-size: 16px; color: rgb(124, 124, 124); padding: 0px; font-family: “Open Sans”, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(248, 248, 248);”>With Aspose.Email for .NET you can easily and reliably calculate occurrence dates and times for even the most complex recurrence patterns. Also consume and produce recurrence patterns in the iCalendar (RFC 2445) format and create recurrence patterns programmatically via an intuitive object model.<p style=“box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 30px; font-size: 16px; color: rgb(124, 124, 124); padding: 0px; font-family: “Open Sans”, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(248, 248, 248);”>Aspose.Email for .NET further allows you to use yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, minutely and secondly recurrence patterns, and represent recurrence patterns in your windows, web or mobile applications. The recurrence patterns implemented by Aspose.Email for .NET are coherent with schedule related elements of the iCalendar RFC (2445).<p style=“box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 30px; font-size: 16px; color: rgb(124, 124, 124); padding: 0px; font-family: “Open Sans”, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(248, 248, 248);”><span style=“color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: “Times New Roman”; font-size: medium;”>Is this something I can use for schedule emails?

Hi Gracie,

Recurrence patterns are used to create recurrences for calendar items and has nothing to do with scheduling emails. As mentioned earlier, you will have to develop your own logic in your application for reading and scheduling emails for sending out. Please let us know if you have any further query in this regard.