Can I use Aspose.Tasks if my app hosted in Azure?

Hello!

You say that "All Aspose .NET components require Full Trust permission set. ".
Can I use this library if my application is running in Azure as a web-role?
Do I need to add some specific steps to my deployment process? What about licenses if I configured autoscaling up to 5 instances?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Tasks API.

Web roles on Azure are related to VMs with IIS enabled and will allow you to host your ASP.NET application. If your application has trust permission sets within this role, the API should work without any issue. We strongly recommend you to please get a 30-day temporary license (free of cost) and test all the scenarios before opting for a purchase. Once you are satisfied with the API functionality, you can get further information about licensing by posting in Aspose.Purchase forum.

Kashif,

It’s my bad - I wanted to say that our application hosted as worker-role. So, there are no IIS and no VM’s in our infrastructure.
Could you please tell us if we still can go with Aspose.Tasks API somehow?

Hi,

We have tested the API in an ASP.NET application on local server but haven’t given it a try with Azure in the past. There haven’t been any issues reported with its functionality related to Azure and the documentation also does not have any such information. You can try it in your environment by getting a 30 day temporary license and share the feedback here for other’s knowledge as well.