Can Multi Threading be used to create simultaneous sheets at once?

Anyone ever do this? I need some serious help speeding up my processing of a file being created 50 sheets in total

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Well, yes, Aspose.Cells does support Multithreading and you may create multi-threaded applications using Aspose.Cells. You can use Aspose.Cells APIs through .Net wrapper class for spreadsheet generation and management. However this are some points to be noted, I try to explain here.

Aspose.Cells library is written in managed C#.NET, so, concurrency and multithreading is not the problem in any respect. For your info, to save memory, there is a global shared string table in an Excel file. So if you change a workbook data concurrently in multi-threads, the result may be unstable. There is also a global section in an Excel file which contains global information of drawing objects and other info. So, if you want to change the objects settings concurrently in multi-threads, the result may be unstable. Mind you this is a limitation of MS Excel formats and nothing to do with Aspose.Cells for .NET

So it is to be noted here: the best way to utilize multi-threading is to create separate Workbook objects in each thread. Your application can handle multi-workbooks at the same time. But please don't handle a single Excel file in multi-threads.

Hope, you can understand now.

Thank you.