Can not attach the Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll into the report items

Hi ,

I downloaded the Aspose Barcode for repoting services ver 1.4 . Intalled the product and use the SSRS config tool to Register the Aspose barcode. But when I tried to item in the reporting services, the following error appear when i selected the dll.

"There was an error loading types from the assembly 'C:\Program FIles...\Private Assemblies\Aspose.Barcode.ReportingServices.dll' .. 'Could not load type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.ICustomReportItem' from assembly 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'.'

Kindly advise.

Rgds,

Herns

Hello, Herns,

Could you please try the latest release?

https://downloads.aspose.com/barcode/reportingservices

Thanks

The same thing happened.

Btw, I'm using VS 2008 , SQL Server 2008 and .Net Framework 3.5

Hello, Herns,

Could you please check whether the Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore.dll is existing on the folder

%your VS2008 install folder%\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies

If your VS2008 is installed on C, the folder could be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies.

Thanks

Hi,

I can see the dll (Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore.dll) in my local drive. Same folder as what u have specified. The dll is version 10.0.1300.13

Is there anything else that I need to check

Please advise.

Rgds,

Herns

I could like to know what is the version of your Visual Studio 2008. Is it Visual Studio 2008 SP1? It looks like the dll version is new than what we used.

We are working on fixing this issue. I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Visual Studio 2008 version 9.0.21.22.8 RTM

Rgds

Could you please zip and send me the dll listed below? They are located on the same folder.

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer.Controls
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Interfaces
Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore

Thanks

here are the files

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have installed the latest SP1 for Visual Studio 2008. However the dll are different from what your attached. Is that any chance you update the VS to latest SP1?

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

Version 9.021022.8 RTM

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers
Version 10.0.1442.32

Hi,

As I have told u before, the VS 2008 version that I'm using is Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM.

Do i need to use the dll that u have ?

Rgds,

attached is the my vs 2008 version..

cheers

Do you want me to apply VS 2008 SP 1 on my PC as well... or should I stick with my current version..

Btw, the barcode font working properly with VS 2008 SP1 ?

Hello,

I have investigated the dll you attached. It is completely different. The Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore.dll v10.0.13 does not contain the ICustomReportItem interface, which is the critical interface for custom report item implementation.

This interface is existing both on v10.0.0 and v10.0.14 Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore.dll. I have no idea why. I will ping some microsoft guy to see if they have any idea.

Thanks

Could you mind to apply the SP1 updates of Microsoft Visual Stuido 2008?

thanks

Hi,

I already installed SP1 of MS VS 2008 and still encounter the same problem. I seems that the Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore.dll is still in version 10.0.13. According to you, both v10.0.0 and v10.0.14 Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore.dll contain the ICustomReportItem interface, which is the critical interface for custom report item implementation. So how can I get one of this dlls. Is it possible to send me one of these dll and I will just replace the respective dll in my PC.

Please advise.

Rgds,

Herns

Hi,

I already installed SP1 of MS VS 2008 and still encounter the same problem. I seems that the Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore.dll is still in version 10.0.13 despite installing SP1. According to you, both v10.0.0 and v10.0.14 Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore.dll contain the ICustomReportItem interface, which is the critical interface for custom report item implementation. So how can I get one of this dlls. Is it possible to send me one of the dll and I will just replace the respective dll in my PC.

Did one of the microsoft guy already came back to you why does the ICustomReportItem is not in the ProcessingCore dll?

Rgds,

Herns

Hello, Herns,

I have sent email messages to microsoft asking for help. We are waiting for their reply. I think microsoft may have better way to fix this issue. I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Hi,

Any news from Microsoft ???

Rgds,

We are still waiting for the microsoft's response. Anyway, I have confirmed that your Visual Studio 2008 is CTP-6 release. It is not the final release.