Can not new Presentation from this file

Hello Aspose team,

I can't new a Presentation from this file. The below line code will throw a NullPointerException.

Presentation pre = new Presentation(filePath);

Please help me.

Thanks!

Hi Gavin,

I have been able to verify the NullPointerException while opening the given presentation file and it seems to be an inconsistency in Aspose.Slides for Java. An issue with issue id 15442 has been created in our Issue Tracking System to resolve the issue. This thread has also been associated with this issue, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks for looked at the issue soon!

Hello Aspose team,

I want to give you an extra info. It seems the file edited by Symphony (cousin of OpenOffice). I realize that if a Presentation edited and save with Symphony, later Aspose.slide think the file is corrupt. Please help us, because we use both Microsoft Office and Symphony.

Thanks and Regards,

eXpressoDev

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for providing us with a valuable piece of information as it will help us further to identify and resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15442) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hello Aspose team,

It's seemed having a mistake here. My issue (15442) is an Aspose.slides for Java. But the release have fixed an issue duplicate id with my issue is Aspose.Flash for .NET.

Thanks!

Hi Gavin,

We are extremely sorry for the misunderstanding that have happened. Your issue is related to Aspose.Slides for Java. We will share information with you, once the issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello Aspose team,

Can you put this issue as high priority? This issue is very importance for us. Once users edit the .ppt file with Symphony on my application then their file become corrupt with Aspose.slides and users think my system make corrupt file. Please help us resolve the stuck.

Many Thanks!

Hi Gavin,

You will be pleased to listen that the issue specified by you has been resolved. We are sorry for the fact that it took this much long to resolve the issue. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.2.0 available here in which the specified issue has been resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello Aspose team,

I test again and see the issue not fixed. My test case:

1. Edit a .ppt file with Symphony and save

2. new Presentation with Aspose.slides for java.

Result: The NullPointerException throwed.

Thanks!

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for sharing further piece of information. I have tested the presentation file shared earlier by you. Please share the presentation file that has been modified with Symphony, so that I may verify and reproduce the issue on my end. I appreciate your cooperation in advance.

thanks and Regards,

Hello Aspose team,

Very sorry, the issue is fixed. My Dev have a mistake when use old version of Aspose.slides.

Thanks for help us resolved the issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15542) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.