Can Not Open Password Protected Excel File

Hi,

I have tried to access password protected excel file of format .xlsm using aspose cell C++ library. The application is getting crashed. Below is the sample code I was trying

StringPtr dirPath = new String("…\Sample.xlsm");

intrusive_ptr loadOps = Factory::CreateILoadOptions(LoadFormat::LoadFormat_Auto);

StringPtr password = new String("Sample");
loadOps->SetPassword(password );

intrusive_ptr<IWorkbook> wb = Factory::CreateIWorkbook(dirPath, loadOps);

Note: The application is getting crashed when I call the method CreateIWorkbook(dirPath, loadOps);

I request technical team to help me with this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Gokulakrishnan R

@gokulakrishnan.rajendran,
I am getting the following exception:
Unhandled exception at 0x7656A6F2 in test.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Aspose::Cells::Systems::ObjectDisposedException at memory location 0x00C0F890.

Please confirm if you are facing the same issue with stack trace and screenshot for our analysis.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui I am also getting unhandled exception error. I have attached image for your reference AsposeCell_Ticket_ImageRef.PNG (92.6 KB)

We have observed the issue that is already logged in our database for investigation and planned in the third quarter of this year. We will notify you here once any update is ready for sharing.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSCPP-256 - Password protected file cannot be loaded

Aspose.Cells.C++ does not support opening password protected files
We plan to support it in the future and we will update it to you when it is completed.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui,
Thanks for your quick response. As we are planning to purchase Aspose Cell C++ library , we would like to know that, is there any other restriction or limitations are available in using Aspose cells library?

Thanks

Aspose.Cells for C++ mostly covers all the important features which Aspose.Cells for .NET has. Anyways, you may evaluate the Aspose.Cells for C++ APIs and if you find any issue or limits, let us know and we will check it soon.

We are pleased to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSCPP-256”) has been resolved. The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells for C++ v23.12) that we plan to release in the next month. You will be notified when the new version is published.