Can we host Aspose C++ Viewer/Editor in a C++ application?

Hello,

I have some questions related to the Aspose Editor and Viewer.

Does the API provide a viewer and/or editor that we can host it in our C++ application? From your website, it mentions about having a Aspose Words Editor and Viewer. But looks like we have to upload the document to Aspose Cloud (?). Can you please clarify and provide some more information?

We are looking for Viewer and/or Editor that we can possibly host in our C++ application if possible so user can open and/or edit it within our application. We will be using it for our reporting functionality in our C++ application so that our application can generate reports in word format (e.g. docx) after user has completed a task (e.g. experiment) in our application, and then display the report in our application (e.g. in a dialog window).

I would like to learn more about the Viewer/Editor (C++ API) functionalities that Aspose can provide.

Thank you.

@winnie2023 Aspose.Words product provide an online viewer and editor, but they are not designed to be embedded in another application.
Aspose.Words product offer as well 2 APIs one in format of library/package that you can include in your application and another placed in the cloud. The online viewer and editor applications use those APIs in behind to process all the documents. Therefore, using the Aspose.Words API you can build your own viewer and editor, please check our code examples.

Thanks for your reply. Could you please point to me which library/package we can use to build our own viewer and editor in our C++ application?

@winnie2023 sorry if I didn’t explain myself correctly, but please note that Aspose.Words is a class library for working with Word documents programmatically. It provides programmatic access through a rich API to all document elements and formatting that allows to create, modify, extract, copy, split, join, and replace document content without using Microsoft Word.

Therefore, it does not offer any UI or graphic user interface for editing/viewing documents. However, with Aspose.Words, it is possible to create Document preview, for example by converting your document to image, XPS or HTMLFixed format.

Additionally, you can use the API functionalities to read the documents and create your own UI components to render that information.