Can you render a Gantt chart from other Apps not MS Project?

We have project estimating software written in .NET. Not MS Project. It lists tasks and duration. Can we use Aspose Tasks to create a simple Gantt chart?

@Rich_Christie,

I have observed your requirements and like to inform you that Aspose.Tasks API is able to read MS Project files and no other custom format.

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the update. Our App is called Benchmark Estimating Software and we do use Aspose Word. Is there an alternative API we can use with inputs: Task, Duration and previously known Task, to deliver a simple Gantt chart? We don’t need date. Cheers Rich

@Rich_Christie,

As I have shared with you earlier that Aspose.Tasks does not support any custom format. It only support MPP, MPT, MPX and XML file formats. I suggest you to please visit this information link for your kind reference as well.

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the update. Our application Benchmark Estimating Software can produce XML files. We also use Aspose Word with our application. If we provide the inputs in XML can Aspose Tasks create a Gantt Chart for us? Kind Regards Rich

@Rich_Christie,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose.Tasks will be able to interpret the XML in format that MS Project supports. I like to re-iterate that if you Software is producing XML that is in format which is same as MS Project then Aspose.Tasks will be able to manage that too.