Cannot add fields to a matrix report


#1

I have a matrix report that works as it supposed to as long as I don’t add any fields other than the grouped fields. Adding any field directly or as an aggregate causes publishing of the report to fail. The report server log is below. Aspose cells for Reporting Services version 19.3.

library!ReportServer_0-60!a0c!04/22/2019-13:18:30:: Call to CreateReportAction(Vendor_Stock_Report_V2, /Test, True).
processing!ReportServer_0-60!a0c!04/22/2019-13:18:30:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportPublishingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportPublishingException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportPublishingException' was thrown.;

Vendor_Stock_Report_V2.zip (27.4 KB)


#2

@berlblack,
We are looking into this issue and will write back here soon to share our feedback.


#3

@berlblack,
We have reviewed your issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix (if applicable). Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSRS-555 - Fields cannot be added to a matrix report

#4

@berlblack,

How did you add field for matrix report item? And, did you modify start cell or end cell of report item with ModifyReport form after you have added field for matrix report item?

About matrix report item structure, please refer to the document:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsreportingservices/Add+Matrix+in+Aspose.Cells+for+Reporting+Services+Client


#5

Please see the attached image for how a field was entered. I also tried &=First(DataSet1.Item_name) when inserting the field but that also fails when trying to publish the report.

Image 1.png (38.1 KB)


#6

@berlblack,

Thanks for providing us screenshot.

I have logged your screenshot and details against your issue “CELLSRS-555” into our database. We will look into it and get back to you soon.


#7

@berlblack,

We checked issue in details. I am afraid, now Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services does not support your desired format. We will evaluate this new feature/enhancement soon.


#8

@berlblack,

We have enhanced the matrix feature in the new fix.
Please try our try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for RS v19.3.3

Let us know your feedback.


#9

This is working for me now.

However, I need to embed some macros in the report. I haven’t been able to figure out how to do that.


#10

@berlblack,
We are looking into this requirement and will provide our feedback soon.


#11

@berlblack,
We need more information for working on this requirement. Please provide details on how you are adding macros to the report along with the sample report definition file, Excel files, and screenshots for our reference. We will analyze these files and provide our feedback accordingly.


#12

@berlblack,

Please note, currently, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services client only supports macros on XLS file format. We plan to support macros on XLSM format in future versions.


#13

So, is there a way to create a report in XLS format using the current version of Excel? I’ve tried but have not be able to do that.


#14

@berlblack,

Could you provide details on how you are trying to embed macros to XLS file format. Sample files and screenshots would help us to analyze the issue.


#15

I have nothing to show. Whenever I try to open a .rdl file, it will only open as .xlsx. If I add a macro, it is gone when the report is published. Then I tried installing Excel 97 but the Aspose addin will not load.

Rem ===========Private ============
Public Sub GetAsposeClientTools()
    If AsposeClientTools Is Nothing Then
        Set AsposeClientTools = CreateObject("Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client.AsposeClient")
    End If
End Sub

#16

@berlblack,

Could you share your RDL file and rendered file, we will log a ticket for investigation.


#17

Vendor_Stock_Report_V2_xls.zip (79.1 KB)
Goal.XLSM - is what I’m trying to get to. The macro was added after rendering.
Rendered.XLSM - is how the report is rendered. The Excel XLSX file did contain the macro when published.
Vendor_StockReport_V2.rdl - is the published RDL file.
Vendor_Stock_Report_V2.xls - is the Excel file saved as XLS. Attempting to publish this file fails.
Vendor_Stock_Report_V2_xls.rdl - generated when trying to publish the XLs file. This fails when attempting to open with Aspose.


#18

@berlblack,

Thanks for the RDL files and MS Excel files.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSRS-557” for your issue. We will look investigate and look into your issue.

Once we figure your issue, we will let you know.


#19

@berlblack,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for RS v19.3.4

Please note, the file format you are exporting should support macros, otherwise macros would be lost for sure.

For your information, XLSM, XLS and XLSB file formats support macros.

Let us know your feedback.


#20

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-557,CELLSRS-555) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for RS v19.5. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi