Cannot connect shapes

Hi,

I have created a stencil with some shapes, but when connecting the shapes - for some shapes the connector goes outside of the page.

I am attaching example code + my stencil file.

Shape with name “Main Site” – works fine.
Shape with name “2D” – has the problem.

Note that I create the shapes from Visio, I take a .png picture, add background and surrounding line - then add it to the stencil.

I tried adding a connection point in the center of the shape, but the behavior was the same.

I also tried to compare the two master shapes, but did not find any difference in the shape sheet.

Please help me understand what is the problem, let me know if I should create the shape in another way.

I need to create many more similar shapes, so I need to know what to do.

Thanks !

Tamir.

Hi Tamir,

Thank you for contacting support. Please note that we can’t connect “Main Site” and “2D” shapes manually by “Cable Connector” using Microsoft Office Visio, furthermore, it connects both these shapes by “Dynamic connector” or “Con2”. We’re unable to connect these two shapes by “Dynamic connector” or “Con2” using Aspose.Diagram API. We’ve logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50294 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

PS: Aspose.Diagram API mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office Visio.

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know what is the reason that these shapes cannot be connected ?

Note that as I mentioned:

Similar shapes that I created – as attached in my example “Main Site” shape – can be connected with Aspose.Diagram without any problem.

Also – in Microsoft Visio there is no problem, all the shapes can be connected.

Hi Tamir,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50294 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.1.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Note: After the fix of the ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50294, you'll be able to connect "Main Site" and "2D" shapes using Aspose.Diagram API. We're sorry for the confusion caused.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50294) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.