Cannot convert pdf file to doc stream

Hi,
I am using Aspose.Pdf 8.1.0 and I have a problem with saving doc stream.
I got error message : “Cannot access a closed Stream.”

Code example:
MemoryStream mStream = new MemoryStream();
Document newDoc = new Document(@“d:\test.pdf”);
newDoc.Save(mStream, SaveFormat.Doc);
mStream.Position = 0;
return mStream;

Error occurs when I save to stream, but when I try to save pdf to doc file, it’s working correctly.

Hi Lukash,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid currenlty Aspose.Pdf for .NET does not support the feature to save PDF -> DOC output in stream object. For the sake of correction, I have logged this
issue as
PDFNEWNET-31684 in our issue tracking system. We will
further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the
status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry
for this inconvenience.

Is there a work around to avoid having to write the converted document to disk?

Hi Lukash,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the above stated requirement is not yet supported and currently I cannot suggest any workaround other than saving the files to temporary location and deleting the documents after loading them into Stream object.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Is there an estimated time when this ability will be added/fixed?

This may prevent us from purchasing Aspose Total when our current single licenses expire later this year.

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid we can’t share any ETA at the moment as its investigation is not completed yet. However, we’ve recorded your concerns and requested development team to share an ETA at their earliest. We will update you as soon as we get a feedback.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

Hi Lukash,

Thanks for your patience.

I am pleased to share that the issue reported earlier has been resolved and its hotfix will be included in next release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.3.0 (which is planned to release in first week of August-2013). Please be patient and wait for the new release.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-31684) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.