Cannot Create PDF/A

Hello,

I need to convert PDF files to PDF/A compliant PDF files using ASPOSE.Net and I followed the methods here: Convert PDF to PDF/A formats|Aspose.PDF for .NET

However, in all cases it produces the log.xml file with validation errors in the original PDF even if I used a valid PDF without output file generated all the way.

Can someone help me with ideas to resolve this urgently? Also, is the convert method means that invalid PDF files will be fixed and converted into PDF/A PDF files? Or this method required valid PDF file sin the 1st place?

Thanks,
Hakeem

@Mohamed.Hakeem

Please note that log file is created by the API in order to output the errors that API faces during conversion to PDF/A format. It does not actually mean that the output PDF/A file has any of these errors. Once a PDF/A is created, you can test its conformance using Adobe Preflight. Please try to convert a PDF, test its conformance and share it with us in case you see any errors in Adobe Preflight conformance report. Please also share the screenshot of the validation results. We will further proceed to assist you accordingly.

Hi Asad, Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem here is that there is no output is generated. I can see only the log.xml file. Not sure if I am missing something. But we tried this many time and no output PDF file generated. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Hakeem

@Mohamed.Hakeem

Please share the sample PDF document for our reference as well. We will test the case in our environment and address it accordingly.

Here you 2 PDF samples that I am not able to generate a PDF/A version from them.8072824.pdf (141.1 KB)
9339824.pdf (1.1 MB)

@Mohamed.Hakeem

We have used below code snippet in our environment to convert your files:

var convertDoc = new Document(dataDir + "8072824.pdf");
convertDoc.Convert(dataDir + "original.log", Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
convertDoc.Save(dataDir + "80728241a.pdf");

80728241a.pdf (176.0 KB)
93398241a.pdf (1.2 MB)

Output files were generated for both source files as you can see attached. You can please test them to verify the PDF/A conformance. Also, please try to use the above code snippet and let us know in case you face any issues.

Hello, this is great! This is now working after getting the latest version of Aspose. Thanks for you help.

Looking at the generated files you shared and even samples I made. There is a color change in the logo on the top right. Not sure why! Do you have any clue on this?

Note: I am viewing them using Adobe Acrobat DC

image.png (30.1 KB)

@Mohamed.Hakeem

We have logged an issue as PDFNET-51782 in our issue tracking system for further investigation on this case. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is perfect! Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like