Cannot load image for certain dwg files

Hi There,

I’ve been testing this tool to see if it’s suitable for our requirements of extracting text data out of dwg drawings. Some of the sample files I’m testing with have not successfully been loaded into .NET. Certain files throw the error Aspose.CAD.CadExceptions.ImageLoadException saying ‘Image loading failed’.

Can you please let me know why this could be? Are there certain versions that aren’t supported?

Here’s an example of a dwg file that fails to load with Aspose.CAD.Image.Load.

http://download.autodesk.com/us/samplefiles/acad/blocks_and_tables_-_imperial.dwg

Thank you!

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that the DWG file [blocks_and_tables_-_imperial.dwg] that you are trying is of version DWG 2007. Aspose.CAD currently supports the following version:

AutoCAD 2004 DWG (version 16.0 Release 18)
DWG 2005 revision 16.1
2010 revision 18.0
2013 revision 19.0
(R13/R14/R2000/R2004/R2010/R2013/R2014/R2015)

A feature request has already been logged into our system with ID CADNET-15. We have bind this post with the ticket ID. We will update you with the progress via this forum thread.

I found the same problem while converting some files having the extension .dwg, (problem in loading the image: “image loading failed”), with some other files the file is loaded correctly but an other exception occured in the saving step "Image saving failed."

How can i fix this problem ?

Thanks,
Hi Amani,

Thank you for your inquiry and sharing details.

This is to update you that we need sample input files. The sample input files will help us to reproduce the issue at our end. Please forward us the problematic input files. We will evaluate the issue and update you with our finds.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CADNET-15) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.