Cannot load pptx presentation - Chart failure

Hi,

Currently I am using Aspose.Slides.dll version 4.4.10.1 in C# application. Sometimes the presentation fails to load the document with the “The type initializer for ‘Aspose.Slides.Pptx.ChartEx’ threw an exception” exception.

As per the post (http://www.aspose.com/search/search-results.aspx?u=48600&o=DateDescending), I have changed my Aspose.Cells.dll version from 5.2.2.1 to version 5.2.0.0. Now it is loading successfully. But Aspose.Cells.dll version 5.2.2.1 only contains a direct definition for ‘Text’ and ‘Font’ for drawing shapes. eg (Aspose.Cells.Drawing.Shape.Text and Aspose.Cells.Drawing.Shape.Font). Fix for public Shape.Font and Shape.Text properties are not present in Aspose.Cells.dll version 5.2.0.0.

Please guide me to handle these two scenarios in my application.

Thanks,
Dhivya

Hello Dhivya,

First of all please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Can you please share that by using which version of Aspose.Cells for .NET with Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.10 you are experiencing, “The type initializer for ‘Aspose.Slides.Pptx.ChartEx’ threw an exception”. If you are using the version other than Aspose.Cells 5.2.0 then the response is expected as Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.10 refers Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.2.0. Please share the source presentation and code snippet in case you are using the correct version of Aspose.Cells for .NET dll.

Secondly, our development team is rigorously working on preparing Aspose.Slides for .NET version which will have no dependency on Aspose.Cells for .NET. The said version is expected to be released by the end of February and hopefully these issues will be resolved. I may humbly suggest you using the mentioned version of Aspose.Cells for .NET for the time being.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

For the time being I am using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.10 and Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.2.0 in my application. Once the new independent Aspose.Slides for .NET version is created, please let us know.

Thank you.

Hi Dhivya,

I like to share that we are rigorously working on resolving the issue of dependency of Aspose.Slides for .NET on Aspose.Cells for .NET. An issue with ID 21617 has already been added in our issue tracking system to resolve this issue. This thread is also linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-21617) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)