Cannot load presentation (4696)

Hi,

When I try to load the attached presentation, this exception occurs:

class com.aspose.slides.PptxReadException: Bad state (invalid stored block lengths)

Here's the code I use:

String presentationPath = "120611Schellman.pptx";

InputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream(presentationPath);

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(inputStream);

inputStream.close();

I'm using Aspose.Slides for Java 16.6.0.

Can you check this?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your requirements and worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35584 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Zeljko,

I like to share feedback with you that has been shared by product team. The root cause of the issue is that attached PPTX contains non valid image and that you could ensure this by opening presentation using Powerpoint 2010 and look to the Slide 4 ( (the screen you see is similar to the attached - 2016-08-09_11-31-15.png).

The second way you could ensure this is to change presentation’s extension from pptx to zip and then try to unzip it - file is corrupt will be printed, the problematic item would be ‘\ppt\media\image6.emf’. PP 2010 and PP 2016 just omit this error and re-save presentation without this corrupted image, our library don’t have such behavior, but currently we are at discussion regarding ways of handling invalid data by our library.

Best Regard,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35584) have been fixed in this update.