Cannot make Privileges to Allowed

The code below doesnt make me able to add Comments or Annotations with Adobe Soft to the generated document “DocumentAnnotable1.pdf” :

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.License l = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.License();
l.SetLicense(@“D:\Aspose\Aspose.Pdf.Kit.lic”);

//Creating string variables storing the paths of input and output PDF files
string inFile = @“D:\Aspose\Document.pdf”;
string outFile = @“D:\Aspose\DocumentAnnotable1.pdf”;

//Instantiating PdfFileSecurity object
Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileSecurity fileSecurity = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileSecurity(inFile, outFile);
//Call SetPrivilege method
fileSecurity.SetPrivilege(Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfPrivilege.AllowAll);

Hi Aniss,

I have tested this issue at my end and reproduced the same problem. I have logged this issue as PDFKITNET-14428 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issue is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Shahazad,

Any good news on my request PDFKITNET-14428?

Thanks for keeping me updated.

Regards,
Aniss

Hi Aniss,

Are you trying to add the comments/annotations using Adobe Acrobat? We have noticed that with Adobe Acrobat the privileges are shown as Allowed in the original PDF file as well and the comments/annotations can be added and saved using Adobe Acrobat, without setting the privileges as allowed.

Can you please elaborate the problem a little bit? Which version of Adobe Acrobat are you using?

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Thank you for your response.

The PDF files I joined to my first request are both generated with Aspose.

Document.pdf is a conversion of a Word file made with Aspose.Words (SaveAsPdf). To this document, I need to add comments/annotation which I can’t do because Comments are not allowed (see in Document.pdf : Document/Protection/Display …/Protection : Restrictions). I’m using french version of Adobe Reader 9.3.1

DocumentAnnotable1.pdf is the version of Document.pdf generated with Aspose.Kit.Pdf to change the restrictions as to be able to add comments/annotation. You can notice in Document/Protection/Display …/Protection that there is more Restrictions than in Document.pdf and the document is marked as “Protected”.

I hope that can help to help me.

By the way, I also need to enable the Revision Mode on my pdf files, can you please show me how I can do.

Thank you in advance,
Aniss

Hi Aniss,

Thank you very much for sharing the details. We’ll further investigate this issue and update you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,