Cannot open ics files

Hi I have a few sample ics files and none of them open. I am trying to convert them to msg files as per your documentation here: Convert ICS to MSG via C# | products.aspose.com

I keep getting an error “The MailMessage is corrupted” on all three examples, but I can open all of them up in Outlook. Am I missing something?

IcsLoadFailure.zip (120.2 KB)

Thanks,
Charles

@ccuster68

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as EMAILNET-40643. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@ccuster68

The MailMessage class is not designed to work with the ICS format, the LOAD method accepts messages in the EML and MSG formats. Instead, to convert ICS to MSG, please use the Appointment class as shown below.

Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment app = Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment.Load(fileName);
app.Save(fileName + ".msg", Aspose.Email.Calendar.AppointmentSaveFormat.Msg);

Hi Tahir, thank you for the info, that worked. I would remove or update the link I gave in the original post, because that is no longer valid.

@ccuster68

It is nice to hear from you that your problem has been solved. Yes, you can remove the link from your post.