Cannot open PDF created

I have downloaded Aspose.pdf for reporting services.

I have installed on both the report server and also locally to test from BIDS. The rendering extension is correctly visible as an export option and I can select it as an option and export.

The pdf has simply been saved to a network drive. In both instances the PDF generated cannot be opened.

'Acrobat cannot open because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example it was sent as an email attachment and wasnt properly decoded).' - see attached message and corresponding PDF.

I am running SSRS 2008 R2 on a windows 7 pc. I can neither open with Adobe Acrobat 9 nor with Acrobat Reader X.

My reasons for trying to use this product is to see if I can successfully handle a single master report which contains X subreports with different orientation i.e. mix of portrait and landscape. Can you also confirm that this is possible using this product. The documentation implies that this is possible but it is less than clear as to how to achieve this. The sample reports dont give any clarity either. From what I can gather, it is a combination of using the configuration parameter IsLandscape and passing this value as a report parameter ? While I can obviously try this, perhaps some has clear instructions on this rather than trial and error.

However, unless the generated pdfs can be opened I am at an impasse.

Hi elizabeth,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. We have already observed and logged the issue of corrupt PDF document generation. It has been resolved and fix will be available in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.5.2.

Moreover in reference to subreports query, can you please share a sample report? So we test the scenario at our end and provide you more information accordingly.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the response. Any idea when version 2.5.2 will be available ?

Regarding the report. See attached image for an idea of what the master report looks like.

rptFSGCoverPage is portrait

rptFSGDirectory is portrait

rptFSGStandardDrilldown is actually on a tablix, which retrieves a list of reports for inclusion in the package. Some of these reports will be portrait and some landscape.

When exporting to PDF, SSRS takes the page size and orientation of the Master report and applies it to all subreports. Therefore if the Master is set up as Portrait then the entire package when exported will create as Portrait regardless of how wide the subreports are.

We need to be able to automatically create the package of reports each with its own orientation e.g.

Report 1 Portrait

Report 2 Portrait

Report 3 Landscape

Report 4 Portrait

Report 5 Landscape

From my searches, it 'appears' that aspose.pdf for reporting services may handle this but as it isnt clearly illustrated in the documentation and I could not try due to the PDF issue I thought you might be able to clarify.

I am aware that I could generate each report individually and then use a PDF merger but this is an inelegant solution. I thought as this software is written explicitly for integrating with SSRS and overcoming some of the shortfalls of SSRS that this scenario can be handled.

Regards

Liz

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for contacting support and sorry for the delayed response.

Can you please share some sample report (master report with sub-reports) so that we can test the scenario at our end. Also please share the data-source referenced in reports or create the reports based on Adventure Works database. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Furthermore, currently we are testing Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.5.2 and we plan to publish it within current week.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFREP-33272) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.5.3.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)