Cannot remove combobox in excel

I have create a excel with combobox using addActiveXControl in java. Then i open the excel , select the row with the combobox and try to delete it. The row of record is deleted but the combobox is still there.
Actually i have to create combobox on each row. Every row can delete both the record and combobox except the last row with combobox attach to it. Please help me with that.

@andyng,

Thanks for your query.

I did try your scenario/ case a bit manually in MS Excel. I open a new Workbook into Ms Excel, then add data to some rows and in each row I added the ComboBox ActiveX control. Now select each and delete it. I found ActiveX controls are retained although data is removed in the cells. So, it is not an issue with the API rather the behavior of Ms Excel which does not remove the controls when removing rows in the sheet. I think you may easily cope with it by using ShapeCollection.removeAt() method.

Hope, this helps a bit.

I finally found that list validation can do the same thing with combobox and there is no such delete issue. Thanks for your help.

@andyng,

Good to know that you have sorted it out when using list data validation. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.