Cannot seem to update images within Powerpoint files

Hi there

We use Aspose.Slides as part of our Powerpoint document localisation solution. Often, when a Powerpoint file is being translated it will contain images that have text on them in a language different to the one the file is being translated into.

It seems however, that Aspose.Slides does not support updating embedding images in Powerpoint files - the Presentation.Pictures and PresentationEx.Images members only allow you to add images to them, not to remove, update or clear images from the collection. I was wondering if there is perhaps another way to update images, and if so, if you could point me in the right direction.

Kind regards

Eric

Dear Eric,

You will be pleased to know that Aspose.Slides for .NET allows you to change the image inside a picture frame for PPTX. Please proceed to this video link in documentation where by a video demo is for your reference and meeting your exact requirement for changing the image. The only difference in the video and your requirement is that in video demo the image has been modified on layout slide and you may use any slide you want to work on. Please share with us, if the problem still persists.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir

Thanks for your reply. Does Aspose.Slides maintain the images contained in a file in an array the same way that it does for slides via the Presentation.Slides member? Ideally there would just be a list we could iterate through when reading/writing images.

Thanks
Eric

Dear Eric,

You are right about your point that there should be some list maintaining all the images in presentation. The PresentationEx.Images holds the list of all the images inside the PPTX presentation and they can be accessed with their respective indices. Please follow this link for further details.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir

Thanks for your prompt reply. I had previously experimented with the PresentationEx.Images object but unfortunately it is read-only, whereas our requirement would be to be able to update elements within it.

Do you accept feature requests on your forums? If so, may I request the ability to update the PresentationEx.Images list for PPTX files as well as the Presentation.Pictures list for PPT files directly?

The reason being, that for PresentationEx objects at least, we do not navigate the document DOM, inspecting slides and shapes for their contents individually - instead we simply iterate through all document slides, invoking Aspose.Slides.Util.PresentationScanner.GetAllTextBoxes() to retrieve text, as it is only text and graphics that we consider localisable content.

If you could let me know if you accept such requests I would be very grateful.

Kind regards
Eric

Dear Eric,

I have requested our development to share the possibility of implementation of the mentioned feature request. An issue with ID 19320 has been created in our issue tracking system for this purpose. As soon as some information is shared by them, I will be happy to share that with you.

Thanks and Regards,

Thank you!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-19320) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.