Cannot select Cell value using double click

Hi Team,

We can't able to select the entire cell value in double click, if any decimal value is present in cell its selecting only some part of the value after decimal or before decimal.

Kindly look and provide your suggestion on this.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi,

I have tested your scenario and could not find the issue as you mentioned. When I double click (in edit mode) on a cell value (having double value), it selects all the value including before decimal and after decimal parts.

Could you create us a sample project, zip it and post it here to show the issue, also provide your template file here. We will check your issue soon.

Also, which browser type you are using, I have also tested on Google chrome it works fine.

But I have noticed on FireFox that if I place the mouse cursor at the start of the value (in edit mode), it only selects first part before decimal places, similarly, it selects the second part if I place the pointer just after the decimal. Do you confirm this issue, we will log it and try to figure it out for FireFox and other IE browser versions.

Thank you.

Hi Team,

Thanks for your supprot.

I've attached sample project for your reference and attached screen shot.

We cannot select the decimal value with double click inside cell value in aspose. Kindly provide us alternate solution.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

In IE 10, I have to update the the meta tag code to (in your project):
<meta http-equiv=“X-UA-Compatible” content=“IE=EmulateIE8”/>
Now, when I run the project, I open the template file to it, now select a cell, I double click in edit mode, it only selects before decimal part or after decimal part. But if I click thrice, it selects the entire content though. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41915” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thank you very much for getting back to us, Amjad.

Could you also give us an idea as to when you will be able to address this issue? This is a key functionality that is integral to our applicatoin, and we have a lot of stakeholders that we are answerable to. So, we would really appreciate it if you could expedite things at your end and resolve this issue at the earliest possible.

Thanks again for your prompt help,

Regards

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue further. We come to know and I am afraid, it is the common behavior of IE, you cannot change it in your own way. You may test in IE browser for confirmation without involving Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.
E.g.
you may just set a page and its content like following:
<html>
<input type=text value=“11.22.33.44”>
</body>
Check the behavior after clicking your mouse inside the textbox, first double-click, you will see that you could only get part of the string selected, then another single click, you can get all parts (both) of the string selected. So, you won’t change the default behavior designed by the system.

Thanks for your understanding!