Cannot set page route style

The following statement has no effect. It does not appear to set the property.

currentPage.getPageSheet().getPageLayout().getRouteStyle().setValue(RouteStyleValue.STRAIGHT);

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting support. This operation feature is working perfect with my sample Visio drawing. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 2.3.0. Please refer to the download page: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/diagram-java/default.aspx

If it does not help, then please provide your environment details e.g. JDK version & build number, IDE, operating system name & edition etc. We’ll check and guide you appropriately.

I’m using the latest version of the Java library (2.3.0) on Java 1.8 x64, but using the Java 1.6 version of the library.

Looking at the shapesheet for the page in Visio 2013, the RouteStyle attribute is still 0, even though it should be 2.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for updating us. Please clarify that, are you viewing the output Visio drawing in Microsoft Office Visio 2013 or Visio client viewer? What can you notice about the dynamic connectors, are they straight or not? Also, please post your complete environment details in this forum thread. It’ll help us to be more specific. Please reply to the following questions:

1. What is the Operating System name, edition and 32 & 64 bit (e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit)
  2. What is the IDE (Netbeans, eclipse), edition and other details?
  3. What is the Java 1.8 x64 build number or update?
  4. Any other information that you think is necessary.

We’re looking forward to help you.

1. Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
    2. Eclipse Luna
    3. C:\dev\tools\jdk1.8.0_20\win64\jre\bin>java -version
    java version "1.8.0_20"
    Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_20-b26)
    Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.20-b23, mixed mode)
    4. JAR Metadata:
    Release-Date: 2014-09-17
    Implementation-Title: Aspose.Diagram for Java
    Implementation-Version: 2.3.0.0

I’m using the full version of Visio 2013. The connectors are not straight, they are right-angled. I also inspected the ShapeSheet of the page to see that the RouteStyle is 0 (default) and not 2 (straight).

Hi Chris,

Thank you for these details. We’re sorry to share with you that we’re not able to reproduce the issue. We have tested it against the said environmental details. However, we’re checking it minutely. Meanwhile, please download attached input and output Visio drawings and let us know the difference. We’ve tried the following source code below:

[Java]
// load Visio diagram
Diagram diagram = new Diagram(“d:/temp/Drawing1.vsd”);

// get page object
Page currentPage = diagram.getPages().getPage(“Page-1”);
// set route style
currentPage.getPageSheet().getPageLayout().getRouteStyle().setValue(RouteStyleValue.STRAIGHT);

// save in VDX format
diagram.save(“d:/temp/Drawing1_102.vdx”, SaveFileFormat.VDX);

It will be so nice of you if you can prepare a sample application project along with the source Visio drawing. It will help us to be more specific.

I noticed that in the files you sent me, the source file has the RouteStyle preset to 1 and that the output file has changed this value to 2.

It appears that if the value is preset, then the Aspose library is able to change the value, even if it is preset to the default value. If the value is unset (left at the default), then the library cannot change the value. I’ve included the source files and output files from the two cases. I ran the code below:

[Java]
License lic = new License();
lic.setLicense(“config/Aspose.Diagram.lic”);
Diagram visioDiagram = new Diagram(“Drawing1.vsd”);
Page currentPage = visioDiagram.getPages().getPage(“Page-1”);
visioDiagram.save(“Drawing1.out.vdx”, SaveFileFormat.VDX);
visioDiagram = new Diagram(“Drawing1_unset.vsd”);
currentPage = visioDiagram.getPages().getPage(“Page-1”);
visioDiagram.save(“Drawing1_unset.out.vdx”, SaveFileFormat.VDX);

Hi Chris,

Thank you for these details. We managed to replicate the error message said. We have logged this issue under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50112 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50112 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 4.0.0. Its release date is not final yet. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50112) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.