Cannot set shape name in PowerPoint 2003

Hello,

I am creating a shape and setting its name. The presentation is saved and closed. But when I reopen the presentation, the shapes I have created have no name set. The code below I have works for .pptx files, but not .ppt files. Is this a bug or are there other ways to set the name for .ppt?

Creating and setting shape name:
IAutoShape ashp = _presentation.Masters[0].Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Rectangle, 0, 0, 1, 1);
ashp.AddTextFrame(" ");
ashp.Name = “find me”;

After reopening, I read the shape name as:
for (int i = 0; i < _presentation.Masters.Count; i++)
shapes = _presentation.Masters[i].Shapes;
for (int index = 0; index < shapes.Count; index++)
{
shape = shapes[index];
Trace("found shape called " + shape.Name);
}
}

but none of the shape names are found. All I get is a bunch of "found shape called " without anything after it.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

Hi Grace,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared and request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.6.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the working sample project and generated presentation to reproduce the issue on our end. Please share the feedback so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hello,

Apologies for the delay.

I have attached the console app. Please run “NamePptShape.exe” in cmd. It will read the file “test.ppt”, add a shape, setting its name and text, and output a second file “result.ppt”. The app will also output all shape names as read from “result.ppt”, along with their unique id and text.

I have also attached the code I wrote for this app (“Program.cs”) in case you’d like to take a look. The version of Aspose.Slides used is 15.6.0. If there’s anything I should change in the app for further clarification, please let me know.

Hi Grace,

I have worked with the sample code and presentation file shared by you. It seems to be an issue with ID Aspose.Slides while setting the shape name. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-36841 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36841) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.