Cannot use SSRS PDF Renderer in Local Mode

We are attempting to utilize the Aspose PDF rendering extension to render SSRS reports to PDF. Since we are using Visual Studio 2010, our .rdlc files and the SSRS assemblies correspond to SSRS 2008 R2. Also, since we are rendering in local mode, we are utilizing the approach posted in the Aspose documentation, which uses .NET reflection to force the Aspose PDF render to be available.

However, when the render executes, the following exception is thrown (top-level exception listed with inner exceptions following on subsequent lines):

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalProcessingException: An error occurred during local report processing.
Unable to cast object of type 'Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer' to type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.IRenderingExtension'.

Do you have any information on this issue? We are hoping to utilize this renderer and the default SSRS PDF renderer has multiple show-stopping issues for us. We will consider purchasing the component if we can get this working. Thanks.

Hello Gary,

Thanks for using our products.

We are working over this query and will get back to you soon. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Do you have any updates on this issue? We are still hoping to see if we can use the PDF renderer in our solution, but need resolution on this. Thanks.

Hello Gary,

Thanks for your patience.

Our development team is still working to get this issue resolved and I am afraid it's not yet completely resolved. However, I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. As soon as I have the required information, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Do you have any updates on ETA for the resolution? I am still waiting to see if we can use the Aspose SSRS PDF renderer in our application. We have since utilized another approach for our application, but would like to see if this is viable as the implementation would be much simpler.

Hello Gary,

Thanks for your patience. The team is still working to get this issue resolved. Meanwhile I have again request them to share the timelines regarding its resolution. My humble request is to please be patient and spare us little more time. We will get back to you with definite response, shortly. We are really sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hello Gary,

I have further discussed this matter with development team and as per their findings, they are not yet able to find out the reasons of this problem, so they are unable to suggest any appropriate solution for this issue. They are still trying to rectify this problem. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Nevertheless, during my testing with Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services v2.2.0 with Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Reporting Services over Windows XP SP3 and I am unable to notice any problem.