Canon Raw format to PDF

I am getting the following error when submitting a Canon Raw image to my rendering code using Aspose.imaging.

Is this format supported? other formats are working fine, like BMP, JPG, GIF etc

Cheers

09-Aug-2017 17:01:08 Processing 4W7A5429.CR2
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 Converting Image to PDF
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 Rendering error: Aspose.Imaging.CoreExceptions.ImageLoadException: Image loading failed. —> Aspose.Imaging.CoreExceptions.ImageLoadException: Unable to read file. Exception: Cannot read image data. The strip/tile offset counts or strip/tile byte counts were undefined.
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 at ? .(StreamContainer , TiffStreamReader , LoadOptions )
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 at ? .Load(StreamContainer , LoadOptions )
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 at Aspose.Imaging.Image.(StreamContainer , LoadOptions )
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 — End of inner exception stack trace —
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 at Aspose.Imaging.Image.(StreamContainer , LoadOptions )
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 at T1.Rendering.Renderer.Renderers.RenderImaging.OpenImage(Stream file)
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 at T1.Rendering.Renderer.Renderers.RenderImaging.Execute(RenderFileParameters parameters)
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 at T1.Rendering.Renderer.Renderer.Execute(RenderFileParameters parameters, Boolean treatUnknownFileAsWarning)
09-Aug-2017 17:01:09 at T1.Rendering.Renderer.Renderer.BindAndExecute(String paramPath, String mutexName, Int32 interval)

@martin.t,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source file and sample code so that we may further investigate to help you out.

The image sample is too big to be attached - You can reference it here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4mKiWobtzofaHVWam0zNTJmNjA/view?usp=sharing

The file is a .CR2 - A Canon Raw photo format.

The relevant C# code fragment is:

var file = new FileBackedMemoryStream(parameters.SourcePath);
var image = Image.Load(file, new LoadOptions { DataRecoveryMode = DataRecoveryMode.ConsistentRecover });

The Image.Load call fails with the exception previously listed.

We are using Aspose.Imaging version 16.12

I can organise for the library to be updated to a later version if required, but there is no point if the file type is not supported.

Thanks,

MartinT

@martin.t,

I have observed your requirements. I regret to inform that it is not possible in Aspose.Imaging yet. A ticket with ID IMAGINGNET-2466 has been created as in our issue tracking system as a new feature request. Our development team will look into the possibility of implementation of the requested feature. This thread has been associated with this new feature request, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved.

Hello, is Canon Raw Cr2 supported yet by any of Aspose products? :slight_smile:

As far as I know, this format does have not open specifications and that is why it is not supported by Aspose products.

1 Like