Can't apply new license file

Hi,

at the moment our old license allows us to use Aspose Words .NET up to version 17.10.0. Now we have received a new license.

Now in the first step I updated the license in our code base. Since then I get following error:

System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid license signature.     
Please make sure the license file was not modified.

The license file is embedded as resource in the code base and we set the license like this:

var license = new License();
license.SetLicense("Aspose.Words.NET.lic");

It looks like the old version of Aspose does not accept the new license. We anyway want to upgrade to a newer version of Aspose but first we have to check if there are some breaking changes which affects our code base. That means maybe we have to upgrade Aspose in several steps - don’t know if we can do all at once. Have to check that.

My questions for now: Can someone tell me if “new” licenses are supposed to work with “old” versions of Aspose or just with the “current” one.

best regards,
Thomas

@pulla2908 The licensing mechanism was improving since 17.10.0 version. So the new licenses might not work with old versions of Aspose.Words. So you should use your old license with the old version of Aspose.Words and new license with the new version.

1 Like

@alexey.noskov thank you for your feedback, will do that.