Can't Clear the NameOfApplication Metadata Info in PowerPoint Presentation in C#

I have a pptx document,After process by Aspose.Slides,It’s NameOfApplication metedata info display as “Aspose.Slides for .NET”,I try to set NameOfApplication as other string value using Aspose.Slides,but it doesn’t work.

• OS Version Info:Windows 10、Windows 11
  • .NET Version Info:Net Framework 4.7
  • Aspose Version Info:Aspose.Slides for Net 22.12

The demo code:

using (var pptDocument = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(@"C:\demo.pptx"))
	{
		pptDocument.DocumentProperties.NameOfApplication = "My Application";
		pptDocument.Save(@"C:\output.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);
	}

The screenshot:
20230102181930.png (22.5 KB)

The demo file:
demo.zip (24.4 KB)

The output file:
output.zip (26.7 KB)

@sullivan,
Thank you for reporting the issue. We will reply to you a bit later.

@Andrey_Potapov,
Hello,Have you reproduced the problem?

@sullivan,
I’ve reproduced the problem with changing the NameOfApplication property and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43689 to our issue-tracking system. Our development team will investigate the case. We will inform you of any progress.

@andrey.potapov
hello,Has this problem been solved? I think this is a relatively serious problem, and other people can easily see our technical solution.

@sullivan,
The issue has already been resolved. A fix will be included in Aspose.Slides 23.4. This release will be published in the second half of April.

Nice! Thanks you very much!

@sullivan,
Thank you for using Aspose.Slides.

Hello,I found that Aspose.Slides has released version 23.4, but I didn’t find a record of this problem in the Release Notes.

@sullivan,
Unfortunately, the fix has been moved. The issue you found earlier will be fixed in Aspose.Slides 23.5. This release will be published in the second half of May. Thank you for your patience.

@andrey.potapov
Hello,I found that Aspose.Slides has released version 23.5, but I still didn’t find a record of this problem in the Release Notes. Has any progress on this issue?

@sullivan,
As far as I can see, the fix has been moved again to version 23.6. I requested an explanation from our developers for you.

@sullivan,
Our developers have promised to include the fix in version 23.6. This release will be published in the second half of June. As far as I can see in our issue-tracking system, this will be done. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@andrey.potapov
Hello,I found that Aspose.Slides has released version 23.6,Has this problem been solved?

@sullivan,
As far as I can see, we still have some issues with including the fix in releases of Aspose.Slides. I have again requested information from our developers for you.

@sullivan,
Unfortunately, the NameOfApplication cannot be changed. This is a standard limitation in all Aspose products that generate documents with similar properties.

Aspose.Slides provides an API to modify NameOfApplication, but the modification does not take effect,So it must be abnormal.
You’d better check again, Others such as Aspose.PDF/Aspose.Words/Aspose.Cells don’t have this problem.

pptDocument.DocumentProperties.NameOfApplication = "My Application";

@sullivan,
According to the information I have (Aspose policy), this should not be the case. Thank you for reporting this. We will discuss this issue.

@sullivan,
Please look at the API Limitations of Aspose.Slides for .NET. Aspose has long had a policy that does not allow changing some fields of document metadata, this is written in the documentation and we cannot change this behavior. In Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Words, the behavior was implemented prior to this policy and was left for backward compatibility. We apologize for not giving a clear answer for a long time, we will improve the documentation, API Reference, and API. Thank you for your patience.