Can't compile examples for Aspose.Slides Java

I’m evaluating Slides Java, but I am unable to compile the examples.

Is Slides Java compatible with Java SE 8? The system requirements do not list it

When I try to compile the examples with slides-16.1.0-java, I get the following errors:

Information:Using javac 1.8.0_73 to compile java sources

Information:java: Errors occurred while compiling module 'slides-java-examples’

Information:2/28/16, 5:25 PM - Compilation completed with 15 errors and 8 warnings in 12s 993ms

/Users/mself/Box Sync/Stage/Aspose/Aspose_Slides_Java-master/Examples/src/main/java/com/aspose/slides/examples/SmartArt/AddRemoveNodes/RemoveNodeSpecificPosition.java

Warning:(41, 71) java: removeNodeByPosition(int) in com.aspose.slides.SmartArtNodeCollection has been deprecated

/Users/mself/Box Sync/Stage/Aspose/Aspose_Slides_Java-master/Examples/src/main/java/com/aspose/slides/examples/Slides/CloneSlides/AnotherPresentationWithMaster.java

Warning:(46, 13) java: addClone(com.aspose.slides.ISlide,com.aspose.slides.IMasterSlide) in com.aspose.slides.ISlideCollection has been deprecated

/Users/mself/Box Sync/Stage/Aspose/Aspose_Slides_Java-master/Examples/src/main/java/com/aspose/slides/examples/Slides/CreateSlidesThumbnailImage/GenerateThumbnailFromSlideInNotes.java

Warning:(42, 34) java: getNotesSlide() in com.aspose.slides.ISlide has been deprecated

/Users/mself/Box Sync/Stage/Aspose/Aspose_Slides_Java-master/Examples/src/main/java/com/aspose/slides/examples/Presentation/ManageProperties/ModifyBuiltinProperties.java

Warning:(28, 31) java: getCount() in com.aspose.slides.IDocumentProperties has been deprecated

Warning:(31, 62) java: getPropertyName(int) in com.aspose.slides.IDocumentProperties has been deprecated

Warning:(32, 75) java: getPropertyName(int) in com.aspose.slides.IDocumentProperties has been deprecated

Warning:(35, 28) java: getPropertyName(int) in com.aspose.slides.IDocumentProperties has been deprecated

/Users/mself/Box Sync/Stage/Aspose/Aspose_Slides_Java-master/Examples/src/main/java/com/aspose/slides/examples/Charts/ChartEntities.java

Error:(32, 14) java: method hasTitle in interface com.aspose.slides.IChart cannot be applied to given types;

required: no arguments

found: boolean

reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length

Error:(54, 42) java: method isNumberFormatLinkedToSource in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(59, 42) java: method isAutomaticMajorUnit in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(60, 42) java: method isAutomaticMaxValue in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(61, 42) java: method isAutomaticMinorUnit in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(62, 42) java: method isAutomaticMinValue in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(79, 42) java: method hasTitle in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(109, 44) java: method hasTitle in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(141, 51) java: method isVisible in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(146, 51) java: method isNumberFormatLinkedToSource in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(151, 51) java: method isAutomaticMajorUnit in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(152, 51) java: method isAutomaticMaxValue in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(153, 51) java: method isAutomaticMinorUnit in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

Error:(154, 51) java: method isAutomaticMinValue in interface com.aspose.slides.IAxis cannot be applied to given types;

/Users/mself/Box Sync/Stage/Aspose/Aspose_Slides_Java-master/Examples/src/main/java/com/aspose/slides/examples/Charts/ChartFromScratch/NormalCharts.java

Error:(37, 14) java: method hasTitle in interface com.aspose.slides.IChart cannot be applied to given types;

/Users/mself/Box Sync/Stage/Aspose/Aspose_Slides_Java-master/Examples/src/main/java/com/aspose/slides/examples/SmartArt/AccessSmartArtNodes/ChildNodeSpecificPosition.java

Warning:(35, 91) java: getNodeByPosition(int) in com.aspose.slides.SmartArtNodeCollection has been deprecated

Is there a newer version of the examples that is compatible with Sides 16.1 and/or Java SE 8?

Or am I doing something else wrong? Thank you.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that Aspose.Slides for Java 16.1.0 supports JDK 1.8 as explained over this page . I have also updated the information on System Requirements page. I request you to please share with us the link from where you are trying to compile the examples so that we may proceed further to help you out.

Best Regards,