Can't find RS2008 instance in registry

Hi,

I have successfully installed Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices 3.4.0 into my development environment. However when I open a fairly basic RS report in Visual Studio and try to save the report output as any of the PowerPoint formats I receive the message.....

Error occured during local report processing
Can't find RS2008 instance in registry
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

My Development environment is a single server Hyper V environment

Windows Server 2008 R2
SQL Server 2008 (10.0.2531)
Visual Studio 2008
DotNetFramework 3.5 SP1
MOSS and Project Server 2007 are also installed.

I am hoping to suggest this product for our client/s.

Any help appreciated
Thank you
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

Can you please share with us that if this exception is only thrown when you try to export your RDL to PowerPoint format? Please share that are you able to generate the TIFF image of your RDL file or not.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Yes the export to TIFF works perfectly, as does the export to PDF, html etc.

Also the export to Power Point Slides (PPT, PPS, PPTX and PPSX) work's when exporting from Report Manager, but not when exporting from Visual Studio 2008.

The same symptoms occur regardless of the report I try to run.

Please let me know if you need any other info.
Thanks

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

If I am not mistaken, you are probably trying to using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services in local mode. This will not work as Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services can work in server mode only.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for your reply,

Is this a limitation of the trial version only, or is this behaviour in your fully licensed version also?

Without this functioning in Visual Studio it means the report developer must also deploy the report, open the report manager, run the report from there (waiting for Reporting Services) and then try to export to a Power Point slide format to test his/her changes worked. This adds a lot of overhead to the report development time.

Is there a planned release that fixes this issue?

Adrian

Hi Adrain,

There is no such difference between trial and licensed version. The trial version also ensures full feature support as licensed version, but with watermark embedded in the exported presentations slides.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir, could you confirm that it is not possible to export to ppt/pptx directly from visual studio - i.e. from the export report drop down in the attached image??

If not then Adrian is correct about the development time overhead.

adrian.bear@i-pmo.com.au:

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for your reply,

Is this a limitation of the trial version only, or is this behaviour in your fully licensed version also?

Without this functioning in Visual Studio it means the report developer must also deploy the report, open the report manager, run the report from there (waiting for Reporting Services) and then try to export to a Power Point slide format to test his/her changes worked. This adds a lot of overhead to the report development time.

Is there a planned release that fixes this issue?

Adrian

Dear Paolo,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

As I mentioned in my previous post there is no difference between trial and registered versions in terms of feature support. The only difference is that in trail version the watermark is embedded in the generated slides. It is unfortunately not possible to export to PPT/PPTX from visual studio directly. The only available option is as shown in figure by you.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,