Can't get examples to work

We’re about to buy a Server license and so I’ve downloaded the trial version. I haven’t yet been able to get any simple example, such as “Hello World”, to work.

I’m using DOT.NET Razor webpages (dotnet version 4.6). There is a bin folder, but no solution or package file. Nuget package installer doesn’t work because it doesn’t find a project or solution file. I get an error “Could not find any project in …foldername”

I have copied the files Aspose.Words.dll and Aspose.Words.Pdf2Word.dll into the bin folder.

when I try to run the example code for hello world, I get an error:

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS7069: Reference to type ‘Stream’ claims it is defined in ‘System.Runtime’, but it could not be found

Source Error:

Line 17: builder.Write("First Hello World paragraph"); Line 18: Line 19: Document docB = new Document(MyDir + "Document.docx"); Line 20: // Add document B to the and of document A, preserving document B formatting. Line 21: docA.AppendDocument(docB, ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting);

Nevermind, I was able to resolve my issue. I had to download the dlls for the version of dotnet we are using and then pasted them into the bin folder. I’m now able to generate the simple example Hello World without error.

I’ll move onto the next example add see how far I get.

@len.wright It is perfect that you managed to resolve the problem.