Can't Get FillBarCodeField To Work

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Aspose.PDF.Kit.Forms object and I am not able to replace the value of a barcode field. I am including my demo project file and a before and after PDF file with the forms in it.

Could you please look into this and see if there is something I am doing wrong?

The PDF with the 2 at the end is my result file.

Thanks,

Don Tompkins

Hi Don,

I have tested this issue at my end using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 4.0.0, and I couldn’t see any issue. Please try the latest version at your end and see if it works for you.

If you still find any issue or have other questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hello,

I tested this again with 4.0 and got the same results. Then I tried changed my code so I did not flatten the field and it worked. I then tried version 3.9 and the same thing happened (flattened did not work, but not flattening did).

I was able to change the code so the barcode is read only to prevent anyone from changing the value, but a flattened barcode would be most helpful.

Thank you for a quick response.

Regards,

Don Tompkins

Hello,

I'm having a coupe of other issues with the PDF Forms.

1) I need to determine that a field is an image type. The enum does not account for an image type, it comes back as an InvalidNameOrType. Can you please add Image to the enum? For that matter Adding Barcode would be helpful as well.

2) I am trying to retrieve the FormFieldFacade object and I am getting an "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" error message. I verified that my form object is valid and the string I am passing in is correct. Could you check to see if there is an object within your code that is not initialized?

Thanks,

Don Tompkins

Hi Don,

Please spare us some time so we could investigate these issues in detail at our end. We’ll update you the earliest possible.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Don,

I have investigated these issues at my end and following are the details:

1. Filling bar code value in bar code field: At my end, the value is filled in the bar code field whether I flatten the fields or not. So, in order to reproduce the issue at our end, please share some more details regarding your working environment i.e. OS details, .NET Framework etc.

However, I have noticed that the bar code field is not being flattened and logged this issue as PDFKITNET-13394 in our issue tracking system.

2. Aspose.Pdf.Kit doesn’t provide you the image field, rather it allows you to add images using PdfFileMend class’ AddImage method. However, if you think it can’t help in your scenario then please share a little more details regarding your requirement. We’ll try to help you accordingly. Moreover, you can find details regarding working with image in the following article:
Manipulating Images in an existing PDF File

3. I have also noticed the problem while retrieving form field’s facade value and logged it as PDFKITNET-13391 in our issue tracking system.

Our team will look into these problems and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issues are resolved. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.

Regards,

Hello,

Thank you for looking into these issues. I look forward to hearing soon that they have been resolved.

Here are some responses/additional information regarding your comments:

1) The Barcode field fills in fine if there is only one barcode with the same name. Our process takes a PDF file with forms as a template and during the process it fills in the form, flattens the field, and then concatinates it to a pdf with filled in data from the same template. Without the ability to flatten a barcode I run into problems when I concatinate the pdf files because the barcode field will have the same ID Name on each page. If it's a single page that I am processing then it works fine.

2) PDF.Kit.Forms allows me to manipulate an Image Field, which is what out PDF templates have. When I get the FieldType of an Image Field it returns a value InvalidNameOrType. I would like to see the enum expanded so a FieldType Image is supported. Also, when the FieldType of a Barcode Field is checked it returns a Text value. I would assume that since there are specific methods in the PDF.Kit.Forms class for manipulating the Barcode Field that you should determine that you are in fact working with a barcode, so a FieldType of Barcode would be very useful.

3) This fix will be very helpful. I look forward to hearing when this is fixed.

Thank you once again for looking into these issues.

Regards,

Don Tompkins

Hi Don,

Thank you for sharing your issue and requirements in detail. I have logged these as under:

1. Issue while concatenating the files generated from the same template (containing the bar code field) is logged as PDFKITNET-13434.

I have noticed only one issue while concatenating these files and that is the missing bar code on the first file. Is it the same issue you’re facing or is it something different?

2. The requirements to support image and bar code field types are logged as PDFKITNET-13435 and PDFKITNET-13439 respectively.

Our team will be working on these issues and you’ll be updated once we have resolved these.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13391) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hello,

Is there is a status or estimated time as to when the remainder of these issues will be resolved?

Thank you,

Don Tompkins

Hi Don,

I’m sorry to inform you that these issues are not yet resolved; however, I would like to share with you that our team is working on these issues and we’ll try to provide you the fixes for these issues in our March 2010 release or we’ll try to provide a hot fix in April 2010.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13434;13394) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13435;13439) have been fixed in this update.