Steps
- Create a PDF with Foxit PhantomPDF Printer V 3.1.0.0815
- Set Security
- Open Password
- 128-bit AES
- Metadata Not Encrypted
- See attachment "Created with Foxit - Password is xxx.pdf"

- Open with Aspose.PDF 7.6, 7.9 will throw exception

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileInfo fileInfo = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileInfo(file); fileInfo.HasOpenPassword;
Throws "PdfFileInfo is not initialized. Use constructors with parameters or properties for initialization." Reason "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." new

AsposePdf.Document(file, password);
Throws "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."v

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. I’ve managed to reproduce the reported issue on my side. I’ve logged it in our bug tracking system for further investigation and resolution as PDFNEWNET-35160. I’ve also linked your request to this
issue and you will be notified via this thread as soon as it is resolved.

Please feel free to contact us for
any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Do you have an update on when a fix to resolve this issue will be available?

Many Thanks

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your patience. We have a good news for you, above reported issue has been resolved and fix for the issue will be available in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.0.0. Hopefully it will be released in start of coming week after completing of testing phase. We will notify you via this forum thread as soon it is published and gets available for download.

Best Regards,

Hi

Has this issue been fixed in 8.1?

Thx

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please accept our apologies as an automated email for the resolution intimation was not initiated due to some issue. The reported issue was fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.0.0.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-35160) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.3.0.

Blog post for this release can be viewed over this link

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your patience.

During our testing with latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, both following techniques/codes work fine.

PdfFileSecurity fileSecurity = new PdfFileSecurity(input(“Created%2bwith%2bFoxit%2b-%2bPassword%2bis%2bxxx.pdf”), output(“output.pdf”));<o:p></o:p>

//decrypt PDF document

fileSecurity.DecryptFile("xxx");

and also

Document doc = new Document(input("Created%2bwith%2bFoxit%2b-%2bPassword%2bis%2bxxx.pdf"), "xxx");