Can't open PDF file on Android

I tried your HelloWorld sample on Example of Hello World using C# language|Aspose.PDF for .NET.

It worked fine on a windows pc with IE but I couldn’t open the produced PDF file on several Android phones/tablets.

Is Aspose.PDF limited using the Android OS?

Hi Vince,

Thanks for using our products.

We already have discovered this problem that the PDF documents generated with Aspose.Pdf for .NET are not properly being viewed inside Adobe Reader X 10.2.1 Build 60548 over Android 2.3.4 and we have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-33887 in our issue tracking system. Our development team is further investigating this problem and as soon as we have made significant progress towards its resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

However, can you please share some details regarding the application which you are using to view the PDF file over Android and the version of Android OS that you are using. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

I tried your HelloWorld sample on Example of Hello World using C# language|Aspose.PDF for .NET

It worked fine on a windows pc with IE but I couldn’t open the produced PDF file on several Android phones/tablets.

Is Aspose.PDF limited using the Android OS?

Hi Vince,

I just have created the PDF document from above example and as per my observations, when viewing the PDF file in Adobe Reader X running over Android 2.3.4 and as per my observations, the string -Hello world!- is properly being displayed. Can you please share some details regarding the application that you are using to view the PDF file and the version of Android OS. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

I used a HTC Desire with Android 2.3.3 and also a Sony Tablet with Android 4.0.3 with the default PDF viewers.

Regards,

Vincev

Vince998:
I used a HTC Desire with Android 2.3.3 and also a Sony Tablet with Android 4.0.3 with the default PDF viewers.
Hi Vince,

Thanks for sharing the information. Can you please share the name of default PDF viewer which you are using. Is it Adobe Reader ? as I came to know that since the release of Android 2.1.+, Adobe Reader is freely included in Android. However I have used Adobe Reader X, version 10.2.1 and Build 60548 to view the PDF file.

Please note that I also tried viewing the file in Office Suite and all the contents were properly being displayed. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33887) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.