Can't open word file

An unhandled exception of type ‘Aspose.Words.PleaseReportException’ occurred in aspose.words.dll

Additional information: Not expected to be in the dead field mode when a dead field starts.

Please attach the document that causes the error so that we could reproduce the problem.

Here’s the file

The problem is caused by nested XE field in Part B – Remuneration p.14 which starts with a text “FaCS and NOHSC employees transferred …”. Removing this field eliminates the problem.

I have logged this to our defect base as issue #1181. We will check if we can support nesting of the ‘dead’ fields in the next reease and let you know.

Sorry for inconveniences caused by this problem.

Best regards,

Thanks Vladimir for the quick response.

I am just evaluating products that can convert MS Word files to HTML without requiring MS Word to be installed. If Aspose do decide to support nested XE fields let me know so I can re - evaluate your product with regards to our departments needs.

Regards,

Edward.

Yes, we are going to support nested XE fields. I just cannot say yet if it will be supported in the next release. I will post exact timeline here in a week or two.

Best regards,

Logged this as a feature request, sorry cannot guarantee when it will be scheduled at this stage.

Dear Edward,

I am happy to inform you that the support for nested dead fields is implemented in Aspose.Words 4.0.2. You can download this new version from here.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 1203) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.