Can't read data matrix

Hello,

I purchased this software to scan data matrix’s (matrices?). However, the software is having trouble with the code below.

I know its readable since this site can read it https://online-barcode-reader.inliteresearch.com.

Code is simple.

barcodeReader.SetBarCodeReadType(DecodeType.DataMatrix);
var result = barcodeReader.ReadBarCodes();

What do I need to do to read this data matrix?

test.jpg (25.3 KB)

@SS1414,

Thanks for the barcode image file.

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We were able to reproduce the problem with the barcode image file you provided and found that Aspose.BarCode was unable to read the data matrix barcode from the image. We need to investigate it further.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): BARCODENET-38678

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

I was able to get the barcode to read in a different .net library by setting the data matrix tyep to 103. Is there a way to set the decoder to a specific datamatrix type?

@SS1414,

Please spare us little time to evaluate your issue precisely. Once we figure it out or we have some other updates on your issue, we will let you know.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

The DataMatrix image has high value of black, this makes problem with data extraction. We have restoration algorithms to fix this distortion, but the task will be fixed in 23.8 release or later.

@SS1414,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue (logged as “BARCODENET-38678”) has been resolved. The fix will be included in an upcoming release ( Aspose.BarCode for .NET v23.8) that we plan to release in this month. You will be notified when the next version is published.