Can't run even the simplest OCR - OcrException, FileNotFoundException

Hello,
I’m trying to run the simplest sample code for Aspose.OCR from your resources (https://github.com/aspose-ocr/Aspose.OCR-for-.NET/blob/master/Examples/CSharp/PerformingandManagingOCR/PerformOCROnImage.cs) but it always throws the following exception after calling the Process() method:

Aspose.OCR.OcrException: ‘Error occurred during recognition.’
Inner Exception: FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\txgnaleb.x4x\2hvwaisx.fmk\data’.

I’m using the latest available version, 19.9.3. The sample image I’m using is also taken from that GitHub page and I see the file gets loaded properly into the engine.Image field before calling the Process() method. I thought it might be some permissions issue so I’ve also tried running the app as an administrator but it’s still throwing the exception. Am I missing something here?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Greg

@grzegorz.brose

Thanks for contacting support.

The issue has already been logged in our issue tracking system as OCRNET-36. We have linked this forum thread with the ticket and will surely inform you as soon as the issue is resolved. We are currently in process to build a new release and will update you about the issue as soon as it is rectified. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali
Thank you for the reply. So that means the latest version of Aspose.OCR cannot be used at all? What is the last working version which would allow me to run that sample code? Also, could you please provide any rough estimate on when can we expect that release? Is it a matter of days/weeks/months…?

@grzegorz.brose

We apologize for the inconvenience.

You may check 17.11 version of the API in order to test the code snippet. Furthermore, the new version in which the error is fixed is expected to be released in this month. We will notify you as soon as it is available.

@asad.ali
Version 17.11 was released in November 2017 - so that means Aspose.OCR is broken since almost 2.5 years now…? Still, I can’t check even that old version, because it seems to be only compatible with .NET 4.0 (or at least it requires me to downgrade many other Aspose components in my application to very old versions as well).

@grzegorz.brose

The development of the API was temporarily stopped after Version 17.11 and we continued it August 2019 by publishing 19.8 version which supported frameworks higher than 4.0. Due to mentioned issue, we did not release the API after 19.9 version and currently it is under development.

New upcoming release of the API will support .NET Core 3.0 and we are also working over resolving the issue which was appeared due to Neural Network Weights. We really apologize for the inconvenience which has been faced and will surely inform you as soon as fix is available.

@grzegorz.brose

We would like to share with you that Aspose.OCR for .NET 20.4.2 is available on NuGet. Would you please try using latest version and let us know in case you face any issue.