Can't Save

Hello,

Trying to test out your pdf.Form library. Keep getting ‘The given path’s format is not supported.’ when I try to save. Here is the code snippet I am trying out.

Dim objForm As New Aspose.Pdf.Form.Form(“c:\docs\dcTest.pdf”, “c:\docs\formsTest.pdf”)

objForm.FillField(“FirstName”, “JasperTaylor”)

objForm.FlattenAllFields()

objForm.FlattenField(“FirstName”)

objForm.Save()

Thanks,
Jasper

Dear Jasper,
Thank you for considering Aspose.

You can change the first line
Dim objForm As New Aspose.Pdf.Form.Form(“c:\docs\dcTest.pdf”, “c:\docs\formsTest.pdf”)

into the following:(add a “”)

Best regards.

Tried it. Didn’t work. However, it saves my pdf file.

Here is the error stuff.

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

The given path’s format is not supported.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: The given path’s format is not supported.

Source Error:

Line 34: objForm.FlattenAllFields() Line 35: Line 36: objForm.Save() Line 37: Line 38: End Sub

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DeathCertificate\WebForm1.aspx.vb Line: 36

Stack Trace:

[NotSupportedException: The given path’s format is not supported.] System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath) +230 System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.AddExpressions(String[] str, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath) +461 System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList) +244 System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission…ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath) +43 System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName) +232 Aspose.Pdf.Form.Form.Save() DeathCertificate.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DeathCertificate\WebForm1.aspx.vb:36 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Dear Jasper,

Thanks for your considering Aspose.

The error is a bug in our Aspose.Pdf.Form. Your original code is right (only one ‘’ in the path ).

The hot fix can be downloaded [here](https://forum.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Pdf.Form/Fixes/Aspose.Pdf.Form.zip).

Sorry to have brought you so much inconvenience.

Best Regards.

Ken,

No problem. I could have always caught the exception and continued on. I will install the hot fix and let you know if that fixes it.

Thanks for your help,
Jasper

Ken,

That fixed that problem.

Jasper