Case insentitive FindString

It seems that the FindString method is case-sensitive. Am I true? Anyway to work around this (other then manually looping through the complete worksheet)?

@emoreau,
Thank you for considering Aspose.

Yes, FindString method is case-sensitive. We will check if we can provide an overload for FindString to allow the search without case-sensitiveness. You may try FindStringContains method if it fits your need.

public Cell FindStringContains(string inputString,Cell previousCell,bool isCaseSensitive);

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Well, yes, Cells.FindString() method does not provide case sensitivity option. I think you may use Cells.FindStringContains() method instead. You can put "false" for its third parameter named isCaseSensitive.

Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

workbook.Open("f:\\test\\Book1.xls");

Worksheet grid = workbook.Worksheets[0];

Cell c = grid.Cells.FindStringContains("hEllo", null, false);

MessageBox.Show(c.Name);

Thank you.

Thanks to both of you for giving me fast and exact answer!

Hi,

Please try the attached version v4.7.1.23, we have added a new version for the overloaded method i.e.., Cells.FindString(string inputString,Cell previousCell,FindOptions findOptions).

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CCELLSNET-10041) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Note: Just for your knowledge. In the new release v4.8.0, we have merged Aspose.Grid suite to Aspose.Cells for .NET msi installer as Aspose.Grid would be no longer offered as a separate product now. You need to install the installer (uninstall older one first if you have) and use only Aspose.Cells.dll library in your project for your need. You may also take advantage using Aspose.Cells Grid suite though.