Category axis labels are missing when converting excel to pdf or ppt

Dear Team,

When convering an exel file to either pdf or ppt some of the category axis labels are missing in pdf and ppt. I am attaching the samples and the code that I have used below.

Regards
Yasaswini Challa

Labels_issue.zip (62.2 KB)

@YaSaSwini

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue as per your description using the following code. We have logged this issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42393 - Category axis labels are missing when converting Excel to Pdf

Java

Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + "Label_input.XLSX");

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.setOnePagePerSheet(true);

wb.save(dirPath + "output.pdf", opts);

Download Link:
output.pdf (11.9 KB)

Hi Shakeel,

As per my analysis, this issue occurs only when all the X-Axis values are zeros. Since we kept Maximum value as Auto, the labels are missing when we convert the Excel to PDF or PPT. When any one X-axis value is other than 0 we could able to convert the Excel to PDF and PPT properly. I tried by giving chart.getCategoryAxis().setMaxValue(1.0); only when all the X-Axis values are zeros and it renders the labels properly now. Hope this helps you and expecting a proper fix from your end asap.

Please find below the samples.
Labels_Issue.zip (60.3 KB)

Regards
Yasaswini Challa

@YaSaSwini

Thanks for your observation and using Aspose.Cells APIs.

We are afraid, when axis maximum value is auto, then Aspose.Cells cannot behave exactly like Microsoft Excel. However, we have logged your comment in our database for product team evaluation. Once, we will have some news for you, we will share it with you asap.

@YaSaSwini

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you Shakeel for your fix.

Hope the fix for both CELLSJAVA-42393 and CELLSJAVA-42384 will be available in the next Jar release.

Regards
Yasaswini Challa

@YaSaSwini

Please download and try the latest fix and let us know your feedback. It fixes both of your mentioned issues.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for the fix but still I could see one issue with displaying all the labels in PDF or PPT.
Eg: In excel I am getting labels from 0 to 1 having scaling as 0.1, like 0.1,0.2,0.3…to 1.0.
But while we convert the same to either PDF or PPT we were getting labels as 0.2,0.4,0.6… to 1.0

Please check this issue and let me know your view on it.

Regards
Yasaswini Challa

@YaSaSwini

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will share it with you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42407 - Getting labels having scaling as 0.2 instead of 0.1

Screenshots:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42393) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.9.

@YaSaSwini

For your issue logged as CELLSJAVA-42407:

When Major Unit is set to Automatic, we cannot do well as Excel. We are afraid, this issue cannot be fixed because of its complexity. Please set Major Units manually.

Screenshot:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan