We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Cell.GetPrecedents() not returning correct worksheet name


Cell.GetPrecedents() is not returning the correct worksheet name.
It used to work in v.
For reproducing the issue please use the following code:

var workbook = new Workbook();
// Sheet1
if (workbook.Worksheets[“Sheet1”] == null)
if (workbook.Worksheets[“Sheet2”] == null)
var worksheet1 = workbook.Worksheets[“Sheet1”];
// the named range
workbook.Worksheets[“Sheet2”].Cells.CreateRange(“E5:I6”).Name = “someNamedRange_1”;
worksheet1.Cells[“A1”].Formula = “=SUM(someNamedRange_1)”;
var prec = worksheet1.Cells[“A1”].GetPrecedents();
// prec.SheetName should be “Sheet2” but it is "Sheet1"

Best regards,
Aurelian Iordache
Software Developer
IBM Romania

Hi Aurelian,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after running your sample code with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.0.2
. It should return Sheet2 but it is giving the wrong sheet i.e Sheet1.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

  • CELLSNET-43762 - Cell.GetPrecedents() not returning correct worksheet name


It is to inform you that we have fixed your issue. We will provide you the fix in the next few days after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.


Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.0.3

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43762) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.