Thanks for your reply.
The issues mentioned previously seem to be working, but now I realised that there are a number of issues related to the Enter and Arrow keys, and the events being fired.
1) A drop down list with the items "AAA" and "ABA" is added on a cell. If I type in "AA" (or "AAA") in the cell, there will only be *one* match. On pressing enter, one would expect the value "AAA" to be automatically selected from the list and placed in the cell, and to move on to the next cell as usual. This is not happening.
2) In the example above, if I type in "AA" there will only be one match in the filtered list. If I then try to use the down arrow to select the single item in the list, this won't work. These arrows work when there are multiple items in the list
3) The down arrow works when there are multiple items in the list. But then, once an item is selected by pressing the enter key, the user remains stuck in the cell. Pressing enter in the cell won't work, requiring the mouse to be used.
4) Using version 2003, I had handled the clientside OnCellErrorClientFunction(). When an error occurs in a cell that has list validations, I was bringing up a modal popup with some data. The user then selects an item in this popup, and using a callback I was setting the value chosen in the popup on the cell. This new value was validating correctly against the cell validations list. This worked perfectly in version 2003, but unfortunately stopped working in the latest version (which is a bit of a concern as the new updates caused otherwise functional code to stop working!).
I noticed that after setting the cell value via the callback, the client error side function is triggering again causing the popup to come up a second time. This behaviour however, happens only if after entering the value in the the cell, the user presses the Enter key to terminate cell data entry and to validate the input. If, on the other hand, the user presses the Tab key or the mouse to leave the cell and trigger validation, this problem does not occur and it works as it used to in the 2003 version!
I know this thread has become somewhat long, but this is probably the most critical functionality for us, and it really needs to be working well before we stop using the trial version and purchase all the required licenses to go live with it! We're almost there! :-)