Cells 4.8.2.0 Name Conflict error opening file in excel

I try to open an excel file created with Cells 4.8.2.0 and I get Name Conflict error - name cannot be the same as a built-in name Old name Print_Area. It is a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003, populated by Aspose and then opened in Excel 2007 compatibility mode. I was having problems reading the spreadsheets so I upgraded to 4.8.2.0 this morning and now I am getting this error. On your site I see the error but it is for very old versions of Cells. Help Please.
This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells. If you still face any problem, please share your template file and sample code here to reproduce the issue. We will check it soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Aslam, we have the same problem with version Aspose.Cells 5.0.0.0. Can you let us know if customers are experiencing this with that version and if it was fixed in what version? I can send you a file if you want to diagnose.

thanks

Marty

Hi,

Please try the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v6.0.1.4
and let us know your findings.

Hi Shakeel, that version 6.0.1.4 did not work. Hoping you can give us some background on this problem a little but because we are confused what is actually causing this.... I can send you the file that fails to open in Excel 2007 if you can inspect the file format for us.

We also have production issues that will prevent us from using anything later than version 5.0.0.0 currently. So, can you provide maybe a work around solution that we can code against 5.0 before saving the file that may fix this issue?

Can you elaborate on the following?

1. What is the problem exactly? Why is 2007 complaining about print_area and print_titles?

2. Is there anything we can do in 5.0.0.0 to get around this?

3. We don't have a license for upgrades and the API is dramatically different after 5.3. Is there a possibility of getting a patch to 5.3 that addresses this.

4. We currently save the file in 97-To-2003 format. Is there a format for 2007 that we should pic? We tried 2007xlsx? but it just gave us a corrupt document. Is there a way to save as 2007 for a work around?

thanks

Marty

Hi Marty,

Could you post the generated file ? We will check it soon.

Hi, attached is the excel document that has print_titles and print_area errors (open as read_only).

Hopefully you can let us know what the error is and if it is something we can fix in the way we are coding the report in aspose.cells version 5.0 because its a production issue.

Also if you plan on fixing in in version 6+ we would be interested in testing that as well as we consider new license for 2012.

But just as important, explain what the problem is for us.

thank you!

Marty

Hi,

Thanks for the file.

An initial test does give me the errors you mentioned by opening the file into MS Excel. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-29662. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We could not find this issue. Please download the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v6.0.1.5

And try this code. Please call workbook.Worksheets.Names.Sort() before saving.

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Account-Aspose.xls”);

workbook.Worksheets.Names.Sort();

workbook.Save(@“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\dest.xls”);

Hello, thanks for your quick reply. It looks like the sort works for version 5.0 but I will confirm more later. And thanks for the attachment also.

Can you let us know what you think the sort does that makes this work? We just want to understand what the issue. Does sorting names do anything that we should be worried about that we don't want?

Please send regards to the team for me!

thanks

Marty Spallone

Hi,

Thanks for your regards.

The other users got the same issue.

If you save the file in MS Excel, the defined names should be in the ascending order.

If the defined names are not in the order, MS Excel will pop up such error message in some language setting (such as German, Italy, France …etc).

BTW it could be opened fine in my machine with English language setting

We don’t automatically sort the defined names in adding them for performance. So if you find such error, please sort them.