Aspose failed to open excel file

Hi,

I have an excel file saved in excel 2002 SP3 (Mircosoft Excel Workbook).

The file can not be opened by Aspose.cells (5.1.1.0).

Please help. Thanks.

Attached is the excel file.

Hi,

The file does not open with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v6.0.1.3

However, the same file does not open well in Ms-Excel 2010. It shows error message as displayed in screenshot. So it appears to be a corrupt file.

Screenshot:

Hi,

When I opened and saved as the excel file in other computer (MS Excel 2002 SP3). The Aspose.cells able to open the excel file. The file can be opened in MS Excel 2002, 2003 and 2007. Do you have any idea about this? Thanks.

Hi,

I found “NullRefereceException” exception while loading/opening the file by Aspose.Cells. The file opens fine into MS Excel 2007 but shows warning error message (in protected view) in MS Excel 2010.

Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(“e:\test2\Book6.xls”);

I have logged a ticket for the issue with an id: CELLSNET-29511. We will figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

When I opened and saved as the excel file in other computer (MS Excel 2002 SP3). The Aspose.cells able to open the excel file. The file can be opened in MS Excel 2002, 2003 and 2007. Do you have any idea about this? Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, as I mentioned, we found the issue and will fix it soon.

thank you.

Is the any work around for this issue? I have to solve it asap. Thanks.

Hi,

I am afraid there is no workaround for the issue. We are working on the issue and we will try to provide the fixed version within 3 days or so. Once it is fixed, we will provide the fixed version here.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks. May I know what is the cause of this issue?

Hi,

Well, your issue is due to some non standard record(s) in your template file which Aspose.Cells could not process it fine. We will enhance the product to read/process your file fine even if it has some non standard records in it.

Please spare us some time (approx. 2 days), we will fix your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v6.0.1.4

Hi,

My ASPOSE license is expired, is there any way to test? Thanks.

Hi,

You can test it in Evaluation Mode, it is fully functional with no restriction except that it will create an Extra Evaluation worksheet inside the workbook.

Hi Amjad,

May I know what is the “non standard record(s)”? Is it the file corrupted or something else? Thanks.

Hi,

The issue is cause by Protect record.

The standard record is 0x12 0x00 0x02 0x00 0x00 0x00

But your record is 0x12 0x00 0x00 0x00

Hi,

Can I change the non standard record(s) to standard record(s) in Microsoft Excel? Thanks.

Hi,

Please re-save the file in Microsoft Excel , it will be fine.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried in different PCs, and with different version of excel. (2002, 2003, 2007)

I notice that the excel 2002 of some PCs have this issue, after re-saved, the issue still there. How can I make sure that there is non standard record(s) in the excel file? Thanks.

Hi,

We have no solution to check whether there is non standard record(s) now.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29511) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.