Cells.DeleteBlankRows never finishes (inifinte loop) on particular worksheet

Hello,

Running the following code on the attached XLSX file using Aspose.Cells for .NET 21.1 appears to cause an infinite loop (or at least is taking hours with no progress):

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Workbook("input.xlsx");
workbook.Worksheets[5].Cells.DeleteBlankRows(); // does not finish

input.zip (8.6 MB)

This only happens on the 6th worksheet (worksheet index 5) in the attached file. It does have over 1m rows, but it should not so long to complete. To compare, I create another spreadsheet with 1m blank rows and it takes only 1-2 seconds for DeleteBlankRows() to run.

Can you please see if this can be fixed, because it is not good to have the library at risk of hanging when it encounters such a file.

Thanks!

@ast3,

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned with your template file. I found that Cells.DeleteBlankRows is not going to finish (it goes a kind of infinite loop) on your mentioned worksheet. I waited for sometime and then have to stop the process manually. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-47832” for your issue into our database. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@ast3,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thanks Ahsan!

In case it helps for QA, here is another XLSX file that seems to cause the same infinite loop in v21.1 with the following code:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Workbook("input2.xlsx");
workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells.DeleteBlankRows(); // does not finish

input2.zip (907.6 KB)

Thanks

@ast3,

Thanks for the new file.

We did find the similar issue with this file as well. We will consider this file and similar other files in resolutions. The fix is not available yet, so we will first test it with newer file and other such files and then share the fixed version.

@ast3
Please try the latest fix 21.1.4.

Aspose.Cells21.1.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.1.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.1.4 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.5 MB)

Hi Johnson,

I have tested with 21.1.4 and am happy to report it now works.

Thank you!

@ast3
Thank you for your feedback. Feel free to contact us any time if you have further comments or questions, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47832) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao